Kevin Costner Claims Princess Diana Wanted to Star in The Bodyguard Sequel ©

LEFT, BY TIM GRAHAM/GETTY IMAGES; RIGHT, FROM PATRICKMCMULLAN.COM.

LEFT, BY TIM GRAHAM/GETTY IMAGES; RIGHT, FROM PATRICKMCMULLAN.COM.

by Julie Miller

In an interview scheduled to air in May on Anderson Cooper’s daytime talk show, Anderson, Kevin Costner reveals that not only did he court Princess Diana to star in the sequel to his 1992 hit, The Bodyguard, but the late royal was eager to take on the role. It would have been her first acting endeavor.
“Diana and I had been talking about doing Bodyguard 2,” added Costner, who co-starred with the late Whitney Houston in the original film. “I told her I would take care of her just the same way that I took care of Whitney. . . . She wanted me to write it for her. I said ‘I’ll tailor it for you if you’re interested.’ She goes: ‘I am interested.’”

The sequel, ironically enough, would have centered on Costner’s Bodyguard character, Frank Farmer, protecting Diana’s character from paparazzi and stalkers before the pair become romantically involved. The actor told Cooper that he received the script for the sequel on August 31, 1997, the day before Princess Diana died in Paris in a car crash that was originally blamed on paparazzi, who were following the vehicle that carried her and Dodi Fayed.

In 2011, Warner Bros. announced that it was planning a Bodyguard reboot.

vanityfair.com™©

Advertisements

About Tommy Z.™

Just A Human Want's To Live A Life View all posts by Tommy Z.™

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: